Features of this project include:
– The upgrade of the courtyard to replace the crumbling sandstone walls and planters as well as create new bench seating in keeping with the current stone and install new structural canopies. These works were driven by the 50th anniversary of the theatre in 2014 to help maintain the theatre as well as encourage more use of the space.
– Within the main building we created new reception areas, offices for the Dean and faculty staff, meeting/board rooms and break out spaces as well as refurbishing and upgrading existing offices.
– Heritage jarrah doors and windows had to be protected throughout the works and reconditioned before PC to maintain and conserve them.
– Significant upgrades were needed to the mechanical and AV systems which was not without its challenges. Tight ceiling voids meant that we worked in conjunction with the architect to provide solutions including stacking and crossover of the services to accommodate mechanical ducts and hilled water pipes.
– Custom joinery was created sympathetically to the surroundings and in keeping with the wooden finishes throughout but with a modern finish.